Where are the 144,000 First Spoken of?
By H. R. Johnson (Review and Herald, July 27 & August 3, 1905)
- Where are the 144,000 first spoken of?
Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, 3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. 4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
- How are they designated? As “the servants of our God.” Verse 3.
- What is said of them? — They were sealed. Verses 3, 4.
- With what were they sealed? — With the “seal of the living God.” Verse 2.
- What is the seal, or sign?
You must be logged in to post a comment.